Need legal help?
1. Call us at 1-800-889-2047. This is a toll-free call.
An intake specialist will get basic information about you and your legal problem. If we can help you with your legal issue, you will be referred to a paralegal or lawyer at Legal Services Vermont or Vermont Legal Aid. Our services are free.
We can’t help everyone who needs help. We may not be able to help you based on your income. We may be able to give you advice. We may be able to tell you where to find information to help you represent yourself in court.
2. Visit our legal help website at VTLawHelp.org.
The website also lets you connect with us to ask for help. It answers questions about Vermont law and how to solve your legal problem. It includes court forms and information about Vermont courts and court procedures. VTLawHelp.org was created by and is maintained by Legal Services Vermont and Vermont Legal Aid.
- On most Saturdays, there is a free legal clinic at Legal Services Vermont, 274 North Winooski Avenue, Burlington, Vermont. You can get free legal help there. Call us at 1-800-889-2047 to check on the exact schedule.
- View a list of other legal clinics and projects around Vermont on the Vermont Bar Association website. See the link at the bottom of this VBA web page.
- The Vermont Law School in South Royalton has a legal clinic that helps many Vermonters, particularly in Orange and Windsor Counties and also statewide immigration cases. Call 1-802-763-7718 or find out more about the South Royalton Legal Clinic.
- Ask legal questions online through Vermont’s Free Legal Answers program.
- Disability Rights Vermont works to defend and advance the rights of people with disabilities and mental health issues. Call them at 1-800-834-7890.
- ACLU of Vermont works to protect the constitutional rights of all Vermonters. Call them at 1-802-223-6304.
- The Vermont Attorney General is the chief law enforcement officer in the state.
- The Consumer Assistance Program is sponsored by the Vermont Attorney General and the University of Vermont. They help people with problems with goods or services they purchased and provide information about consumer rights and responsibilities. Call them at 1-800-649-2424.