Formerly known as Legal Services Law Line of Vermont.
We changed our name in January 2019 to better reflect the wide range of legal services we provide:
- legal advice on our hotline
- legal education and outreach events
- self-help legal information on VTLawHelp.org
- low-income client support for legal cases that meet priorities
- representation in low-income eviction and debt cases through our Pro Bono Eviction Clinics
We are also the first point of contact for Vermonters who would like help from Vermont Legal Aid. We screen all incoming requests for help. If we can help with a legal problem, we refer clients to either Vermont Legal Aid or Legal Services Vermont lawyers and advocates. We also refer clients to other programs.
Working Together for Justice