Pro Bono Training Materials
Volunteer orientation packet
Are you interested in volunteering with us? Check out our Pro Bono Attorney Orientation Packet (PDF file, 564Kb) for answers to frequently asked questions, including:
- What opportunities are available to volunteers?
- What can I expect if I want to participate in a legal clinic?
- What can I expect if I agree to take a case as a direct referral?
- What expenses are eligible for reimbursement and how do I get reimbursed?
- Does LSV offer malpractice insurance to pro bono attorneys?
- What if I have a legal question about how to help my client?
- What if I need training on a particular area of law? How can I suggest training ideas I have?
- What do I do if I am having difficulty reaching or communicating with my client?
- My client requires an interpreter, do you have a service I can use?
- What if the client needs additional help after I handled the pro bono matter I agreed to work on?
- What happens if I get an award of attorney’s fees?
- What if I am too busy to take a case right now but want to at a future time?